Monday, April 11, 2011

Max Efforts: 4/4/11-4/9/11

Another first for the blog is the weekly Max Efforts:

First I want to acknowledge the leaders for this weeks advanced workouts:

Workout 1                                            
20 Single Arm DB Chest Press
10 DB cleans
12 knee in Push ups
20 air squats
4 rounds
AFAP (As Fast As Possible)

Toni Nazzari- 13.03 mins

Workout 2
20 Single Arm Overhead Presses
10 Deadlifts
15 side raises
run 400m
4 rounds
AFAP

Rick Lavrich-15.53
Toni Nazzari-17.07
Jody (JoJo) Groh-19.08


Nice job Ricky and Toni. By the way Ricky, Toni was not too thrilled about not being able to catch you in that second workout. Maybe we'll get her in at 6a after all.

I also want to point out jen Baelis who rocked her first advanced workout this week and finished workout 2 with a time of 19.57. Awesome job Jen! Watch out everyone, she's going to be at the top of these lists with all her hard-work!

Judy Silber was doing work on her best no rest rowing circuit to date. Keep it up!

Lastly, I want to shout-out Angie Gee. She may be a grandma but that didn't stop her from doing 65lb deadlifts and 25lb barbell squats. Awesome Ang! 

Great week everyone! Keep working hard and your max efforts will be on here too!

4 comments:

  1. Max effort training blog... What does that really mean? I think you tell stories
    and share info!
    Let me tell you all my story!
    Almost 3 years ago, I walked into the gym totally out of shape (having had 3 kids and given up excersizing for about 15 years)a lot heavier than I am today! When I saw a picture of myself I thought my head was on someone else's body! I was totally miserable. Having to live with a miserable person,was not my husband's idea of fun, so he bought me the
    wellness/fitness/nutrition package that they sell at the gym!
    From there, I started on my journey!
    I was so fortunate to be assigned to Matt!
    We started off 2 x's per week and if I can remember that long ago I think he was really nice to me!??
    I couldn't squat, I couldn't do a push up, I basically couldn't do much of anything! Matt was always encouraging and more important creative in his workouts. I was never bored nor knew what to expect when I entered the gym!
    Would he have facial hair? Would he have his hair cut or gel'd? What song he would be singing? Or breaking out dance moves too? Actually the only thing that I did know is that he would be wearing that damn black jacket! I never cancelled or miss a session! He made it fun, and I didn't realize that I was working hard!
    I wanted a quick fix! I didn't get it, and would complain constantly! He would
    tell me don't worry about the scale just keep doing what your doing!
    Well long story short my goal was to lose 50 lbs in one year and together Matt and I
    reached that goal! Along with the weight, I shed over 30 inches throughout my
    body.
    He will say that all he did was write the blueprint, and I did all the work, but that is not really the case. He never quit on me nor did he let me quit on myself. He pushed me to do more each week and I didn't even realize
    it...so now almost 3 years (in july) later I haven't gained any weight back, am
    totally addicted to the matt peters high from working out and would train every
    day if he would let me!
    Recently he introduced me to partner training and that gives me a few more days... I am now partner training with Rick - it is fun but I
    can't beat him for anything...ok Rick I must admit it is a little frustrating but I'll keep on trying...Toni - we don't believe you exist and think Matt is making you and your numbers up to keep everyone in awe.. So I think you need to show up at a 6 am session just once! My good friend beth rose has joined the matt peters club some time ago and that makes it all that much more fun! She happens to look great too! She is addicted as well! It gave me someone to talk to because my husband really
    did not want to hear any more about my training...(Mind you he was very happy
    with the results)... I remember after Beth was training with matt for a few weeks she left me a message - "I have to talk to you about my training..."and I knew how she was feeling.. And now we have the blog!!!
    So Matt, I know you know how I really feel...so show us what more you've got...as you know I can't seem to get enough...warm up? Nutrition? Video? How about a tree plank???
    Because you know I don't pay attention...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true. I am addicted as well. But while Jody has lost tonds of weight, I have not lost even once ounce. Matt "claims" my lack of weight loss is due to a daily intake of blueberry scones, chocolate and jave chip ice cream, but I don't know...

    And...Toni, we really do need to meet you in person one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey all, I really do exist!!! I couldn't agree more with your comments on Matt's ability to motivate - I too, have become a groupie. His guidance and encouragement make it both challenging and fun each and everyday. Competing with each of you -- ingenius idea! -- keeps me focused, motivated and pushed to my limits every week! Yes, I too, have a husband that is sick of hearing about all the workouts he should "try".
    6 am - eh? Wouldn't 10am be more fun? -- we can take Beth to Panera afterwards to celebrate with scones and hot chocolate!
    And by the way, where the heck is Rick on here? Watch out - I'm considering shaving my head to get a few seconds off my run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toni - loved your post! I am up for Panera scones and all. Can we have chocolate chip cookies too? But 10:00 am is going to be tough with my work schedule. Maybe we can compromise at 6:30 or 7 one day.

    Matt - great flip flop video. I totaly agree. I cannot wear those things unless I am having a pedicure.

    ReplyDelete